Creating an appointment is the heart of running a business on Shedul. Here's a short video to show how to create one:
How to create an appointment
In this guide, we're going to get you up to speed with adding new appointments to the calendar. We'll cover how to:
1. Add a new appointment to the calendar
There are two ways you can add a booking to the calendar:
2. Add a customer to the appointment
You have the option to search for an existing customer or to create a new one when adding a new appointment. If you don't add a customer to an appointment, it will automatically be marked as a "Walk-In."
- To search for an existing customer, start typing a first name, surname or mobile number into the search bar in top right hand corner. You'll be shown some possible matches.
- If you want to add a new customer, click the +Create New Client option below the search bar and populate their details in the fields provided. Only the first name is required.
- To remove a client from the appointment, click the Three dots icon next to the client's name and select Remove From Appointment
TIP: We recommend you add a capital letter to the beginning of your client's names to ensure they reflect correctly on emails & SMS. The cleaner your customer data, the more effective your marketing efforts and automated Client Notifications will be.
3. Add services to the appointment
Now that you've added the client to the appointment, it's time to add one of your services from the service menu.
You can add as many services as necessary to the appointment, and can even assign services to different staff members.
- Click on the calendar to create a New Appointment
- Click the Service window and select a service from the drop-down list. The default duration will populate automatically, but you can make adjustments if required.
- To add another service, click the second Services window below the already selected service. Add as many as are required.
- Click Save Appointment to create the booking.
TIP: When a client has multiple services in one appointment, they will only receive one confirmation message, one reminder, and one invoice. The start time of the reminder notification will be based on the earliest appointment.
4. Add notes to the appointment
Appointment notes are appointment-specific and added directly to the booking itself. These can be used to capture important information such as special requests, progress or formulas used that day:
- While editing or creating an appointment, click the Appointment Notes window to add your notes. If the client booked online, their booking notes will be shown here too:
- Click Save when you're ready to add this to the calendar.
Appointment Notes will also show alongside the client's Appointment History within the client card under Clients. For more information on Client Notes, see our article on Client Notes & Booking Notes.
- Edit an Appointment
- Cancel an Appointment