Recurring appointments are a great way for you to manage regular clients, ensuring their favorite services are always booked at their preferred times, with their preferred service provider. Use our recurring appointments feature to easily create a series of related and repeating appointments.
How to manage recurring bookings
You may have customers that like to book their appointments at the same time every day, week, or month. Our recurring appointments feature allows you to create a series of related bookings with the same pattern.
This guide will show you how to:
- Create a recurring appointment
- Edit an appointment in a recurring series
- Cancel a recurring appointment
1. Creating a recurring appointment
- When creating a new appointment or editing an appointment, click the Repeat button
- Select the required interval from the Frequency drop-down list. For example, you can set an appointment to repeat every day, week, or month, or a specific frequency like every 2 days.
- Set your appointments to repeat as often as needed. Select how many appointments you wish to create under the Ends drop-down list by either selecting a Specific date when the last appointment will occur, the number of times you'd like the appointment to recur, or simply select Ongoing to make appointments recur indefinitely.
- Select Apply Changes, and then Save Appointment
You will now have a series of recurring appointments on your calendar. You will be able to identify repeating appointments by the recurring Appointment icon.
Note: Recurring Appointments set indefinitely are populated up to 12 months in advance. Depending on how busy your calendar is, the recurring button may appear as loading. Clicking on the loading button will still allow you to create a recurring appointment.
2. Edit an appointment in a recurring series
If the client would like to deviate from their regular time, but just for the one appointment, then you can apply that change to a single booking.
- Click on the appointment, and select More Options, then Reschedule. This will take you to the calendar, where you can select a new start time.
- Alternatively, you can click on More Options then Edit Appointment to apply changes to the appointment
- Once your chosen changes have been applied, you'll be given options to either Update all upcoming appointments or Update this appointment only
- You'll also be given the option to automatically send your client a Reschedule Notification, given your notifications are enabled and you have the client's contact details
TIP: You can also reschedule a recurring appointment by using our drag and drop feature. You can reschedule the appointment to a different time (if using our daily calendar view) or a different day (if using our weekly view). This will only affect the appointment you drag, all other appointments in the series will remain unaffected.
3. Cancel a recurring appointment
Canceling a recurring appointment is possible in two ways.
- Click on the appointment in the calendar
- Click Cancel from the More Options menu
- Once you select Cancel, a pop-up window will appear, allowing you to also cancel all upcoming repeat appointments within the series or to cancel just that appointment. You'll also be given the opportunity to provide the Cancelation Reason from the drop-down menu
- Once you've selected a reason, you can click Cancel Appointment.
Tip: You can also Cancel a recurring appointment by clicking on the appointment, clicking edit and changing the Repeats option back to Do Not Repeat and then Save. This action will remove all future appointments within the series
Note: You can not cancel a recurring appointment that is in the past, instead you will need to mark it as a No-Show.
For other appointment related articles, see: