Staff turnover is an inevitable part of any business. When a staff member leaves you might want to remove them from Shedul or temporarily suspend them (in case they come back). To do this you will need to ensure they have no appointments scheduled in the future.
This video will guide you on how to delete staff.
How to remove or suspend staff
In this guide we will guide you through:
- How to delete a staff member
- How to suspend a staff member
- How to find future appointments
- How to remove staff permissions
1. How to delete a staff member
Remove the staff member who won't be returning to your business by doing the following:
- Head to Staff > Staff Members
- Click the Staff Member you wish to Delete
- Click the red "Delete" button.
At this point, Shedul will check for any future appointments assigned to the staff member. An alert will pop up if any exist. Deletion is halted at this point and all future appointments for this staff member need to be canceled or reassigned to other staff members before you can continue.
Note: Shedul will not delete any appointment information when a staff member is suspended or deleted. You will no longer be able to access their calendar, but the staff member's full appointment and sales history can be viewed under "Sales">"Appointments" and "Analytics" > "Reports", as well as through individual customer records.
Tip: Make note of the deleted staff member's working hours under "Staff" > "Working Hours" to make sure that the deleted hours are covered by someone else if you still wish to have as much availability as before.
2. How to suspend a staff member
Perhaps you have a seasonal staff member, or one with a prolonged absence and won't be taking appointments.
Disable the staff member from receiving new calendar bookings:
- Head to the Staff to remove their working hours
- Select the hours and click the Delete button
- Then head to Staff > Staff Members to select the staff member and disable "enable appointment bookings".
Either of these will stop the staff member from being booked online.
Temporarily disabled staff can be reactivated at any time by:
- Adding their working hours
- Enabling appointment bookings
3. How to find future appointments
Deleting a staff member is not possible if they have any future bookings. You can find all of their future appointments and reassign them to other staff members, or cancel them.
To find all future appointments:
- Head to the Sales tab from the left-hand navigation menu
- Click on Appointments from the top menu
- Filter by Staff Member and All-Time or from today and a Custom Date in the future
- Click View.
4. How to remove staff permissions
This is used in the event where a staff member has a lot of future appointments and you need to revoke their access to Shedul quickly.
- Head to Staff > Staff Members
- Click on the Staff Member's name
- Change User Permission to No Access
- Click Save.
Note: You can revoke access to temporary staff as well, and reinstate it only when they are working.
Tip: Deleted staff members have access automatically revoked and will be logged out of any device that they may be logged in with.
For more staff related articles see: