Never miss a beat with Shedul's intuitive staff notifications. Get an alert straight to your phone for online bookings or when a staff member books someone in on your behalf.
You can get notified when any changes to an appointment are made too, whether that's for your own appointments or all bookings business wide. Just remember, you won't get a notification for any bookings or changes you have made yourself.
This guide will help you set up the following:
1. Mobile Notifications
Individual staff notifications are managed and set up by the staff member. If they have login access, they have access to staff notifications.
1. Click on the Bell Icon, and find Settings on the top right corner
2. Click Device Notification Settings to leave Shedul and go to your phone's settings
3. Tap Notifications > Allow Notifications
Now, you'll be notified about any changes even when you're not using the app! 🔔
TIP: User Permissions determine whether staff will receive notifications about other staff changes. By default, they'll get notifications for their own appointments, but they need Access to other staff calendars or Access all locations enabled for notifications about other staff.
2. Web App Notifications
- From My Settings > My Notification Settings
- My Notification Settings found directly under the avatar icon.
- Also From the gear icon visible in the activity log.
NOTE: Notifications are not sent to the user making the change. For example, as a receptionist, I can change the status of an appointment from arrived to started. As the one making the update, I will not get the notification, but everyone else who has access to that appointment will.
3. Email Notifications
With Staff Notifications, you can also specify which email addresses receive notifications and choose whether the service provider who received the online booking receives an email notification or not:
2. Tick who should be notified and/or add a Specific Email Address
3. Remember to Save Changes
TIP: Separate emails using a comma to add multiple emails for online booking notifications.
If you haven't yet added email logins for your staff members, follow this link to Create User Logins & Permissions.
For more about notifications, see:
- Send Automated Client Reminders
- Which Countries Have SMS Enabled
- When Are Thank You Messages Sent
- Staff permissions: Hide Client Contact Info