Being able to generate invoices for your customers is one of the most important core functions of your business. You can Shedul's Checkout feature for raising invoices to track all sales, payments, commissions, tips, taxes, inventory and much, much more.
How to create a sale by raising an invoice
You'll need to be able to generate an invoice for your customers when their appointment is complete, but that's not their only benefit. By checking out appointments and raising invoices, you'll open up a whole world of best-in-class reports to help you keep track of your business's performance. These can be raised against appointments or created individually to sell products.
1. Raise an invoice from an appointment
This method is the most common and is very straightforward:
- From the Calendar, select the appointment you wish to raise an invoice for.
- Click the black Checkout button in the bottom right-hand corner
- Make any changes needed before completing the sale. For example, you can add an additional product or service by clicking Add item to sale, or click the (x) to remove a service. You may also provide a discount
- To change who provided the service, adjust the Staff member in the service window
- To change the person who raised, invoiced and took the payment, click More Options from the bottom right-hand corner then Invoice Details. You can also add Invoice notes to appear at the bottom of the invoice
- To add Tips to the sale, click the blue Tips option to add either a value or percentage
- When you have finished making changes to the sales, select your payment type from the blue options on the right
- Once you're happy, select Complete Sale to finish raising the invoice and tracking the payment
Now the invoice has been raised, an invoice icon will appear on the completed appointment.
2. Raise an invoice from a New Sale
You can also raise an invoice for an appointment, product, gift voucher or service voucher from the green + icon in the bottom right-hand corner of your Calendar and by selecting New Sale.
You'll be given the option to scan a barcode to find a product or type to search for your required products, services and vouchers:
TIP: Most Shedul reports are based on sales generated from invoices, and do not reflect appointments that have not been completed. Click here to learn more about the world of reports that Shedul offers.
For more invoice related articles, see: