We get these questions all the time, so we thought it would be a good idea to put them all in one place. This guide will provide answers to the following questions:
- How do I get started with Shedul?
- Why is Shedul free?
- How secure is my data?
- Is there an Android or iOS App?
- Do you have phone support?
- How do you pronounce Shedul?
- What hardware is required?
- Can I use my barcode scanner?
- Is Shedul available in other languages?
- Can I use Shedul in offline mode?
- Changes, updates and new features - How will I be notified?
1. How do I get started with Shedul?
We've put a lot of time and effort into making Shedul super simple and easy to use so you can spend more time and energy working with your clients, rather than figuring out how your account works.
2. You'll be prompted to enter your Login Details and basic Business Details. You can come back to edit these at anytime under Setup > Company Details.
3. Next, you'll be given the option to add your working hours. If you're not sure about these yet, you can update these later under the Staff > Working Hours tab on the left-hand side in the main menu bar.
5. When you're ready to get started, click here to help you with setting up your account basics.
2. Why is Shedul free?
Right now, we're giving away free-forever Shedul accounts to all businesses that sign up. We can do this because we are backed by some incredible investors who believe in our vision.
Shedul will not be free for everyone, and we do plan to introduce fees in the future, but these will only be for businesses who register after the fees are in place.
To those with free-forever accounts, any future add on's or new products that may be chargeable will be entirely optional to you.
It's our way of saying "thank you" for your support, ideas, and feedback as we develop new requested features. In exchange, we hope you'll help us spread the word within the beauty and wellness community that we're here to revolutionize the industry!
3. How secure is my data?
At Shedul, we take security very seriously. Your data is your data (not ours) and it will not be shared with anyone or any third parties. We use the same secure networks as Etsy, Uber and Amazon so Shedul is as secure and stable as possible. All user data is securely backed-up every 5 minutes in Shedul’s encrypted cloud database, our system uses SSL security, and our hardware has top of the range firewalls.
Additionally, you can export all of your reports, appointments and client data at any moment:
2. Search for your report of interest
4. Your report will then automatically download
4. Is there an Android or iOS App?
Shedul is developed as a web application, meaning it is 100% optimized for mobile devices, tablets and touchscreens. It also means we can automatically update your account with new features without you having to download any new updates.
The downloadable native app is in the works, but you can already add a shortcut to your home screen so that Shedul appears alongside your other applications. Follow the links to view how to:
5. Do you have phone support?
Here at Shedul, we are proud to provide free, unlimited support via email for all our customers and do our best to respond to every email within 24 hours. We never outsource our support overseas or employ unqualified staff, so you can be sure that your email will be answered by a knowledgeable Shedul specialist, every time.
We have a consultant online, every Sunday - Friday, 7am-7pm GMT, including weekends and holidays. Email us directly at email@example.com and we'll get back to you as quickly as possible.
Why do we limit support to online communication?
As a free service, keeping support online allows us to keep our costs low while maintaining a feature-rich and an ever-improving product with amazing technical support. By focusing on online support channels, we can scale our support and dedicate resources to continually improve and innovate.
Plus, we’ve found that online support lets us provide a great experience for our product. Through online support, we’re able to automatically gather technical info for research and troubleshooting purposes. It also allows us to link to (and rapidly improve) our online educational resources, so you can get the most out of Shedul. In short, we may not be available by phone, but we’re ready and waiting for your email.
We do love hearing from you so if you cannot find what you are looking for within the Knowledge Base, have some fresh ideas for Shedul or you simply want to say hello, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our Facebook page.
6. How do you pronounce Shedul?
7. What hardware is required?
Shedul is cloud based so you can log into your Shedul account from any device, anytime, anywhere. We do not have any special hardware requirements and as a result, Shedul will work with any hardware that is compatible with your device.
Usually, your till or cash draw will connect to the printer and the printer connects to the computer. When a receipt is sent to print, the till pops open.
We recommend you ask your hardware providers to set up your printer for you and adjust printer settings to match the printer margins/paper size. You can also remove the headers and footers so the receipts are more condensed.
8. Can I use my barcode scanner?
As long as the scanner is compatible with your computer, it'll work with Shedul. Barcode scanners are usually simple to configure as plug-and-play USB devices. In order to associate products with their barcode:
1. Go to Inventory > New Product or edit an existing product
2. Add the SKU and Barcode numbers into the allocated windows
3. Select Save
Whenever you are about to sell a product, you can click use the search bar to type the SKU or barcode number. If you use your barcode scanner, the code should populate automatically and locate your products.
9. Is Shedul available in other languages?
Shedul is currently available in English in all countries. We plan on introducing different language options in the future, so please let us know at email@example.com your preferred language options.
In the meantime, there are a few customizations you can make to your client-facing online bookings widget:
1. Change your entire service menu into your chosen language
2. Free-type information into the Booking Policy under Setup > Online Booking Settings
3. Customize your widget's button text under Online Booking > Online Booking Button
4. Client Notifications can be customized under Setup > Client Notifications
NOTE: We are looking for volunteers to help with translations. If this is of interest, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Can I use Shedul in offline mode?
Shedul is completely online, meaning you can access your Calendar from any device, anytime, from anywhere and it's 100% mobile friendly.
We plan on adding some offline features in the future, like the ability to check out and add appointments without an internet connection, but we recommend users are online as much as possible to facilitate the live online bookings which clients love!
11. Changes, updates & new features - How will I be notified?
Any time we release something super important, you'll be notified through the bell icon in the top right-hand corner. At Shedul, we are forever working on making improvements and adding your requested features so you'll find new features are usually released every 2 - 3 weeks.
We'll also send out e-shots on a quarterly base regarding exciting features and news updates.