At Shedul, online bookings are key to improving your booking volume and connecting with your clients. Over 60% of appointments booked online are created outside of regular working hours, so you'll be amazed to see how many new appointments you'll be waking up to with online bookings.
You'll still have full control over how your clients book online, so all you need to do is allocate the hours you are willing to work and allow your calendar to fill itself.
- Enable Fresha online bookings
- Settings for online bookings
- Decide which services and locations are available online
- Trouble Shoot
If your account hasn't yet been upgraded to include Fresha under your Online bookings tab, email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address you registered with to request your free upgrade.
1. Enable Fresha online bookings
In order to start taking online bookings, you'll first need to enable them:
- Go to Online Bookings > Profile > List Profile
- Add key information such as your business description, general opening hours and google maps location.
- Add some high-quality photos to show off your business
- Then select List Profile Online to publish your online bookings
TIP: Upload photos showing off your place of business and services offered. Logos and stock images are not suitable. At least one high-resolution photo is required so that the profile image is not pixelated.
NOTE: Should you need to edit your Fresha Profile at any point, simply head back to Online Bookings > Profile > More Options > Edit Profile and click Save and Continue until you locate the section you'd like to update.
Next, head to:
- Services where you can select a service then click online bookings to disable certain services from being bookable online
- Staff to ensure the staff working hours you wish to be bookable are added. Clients can only book online based on the availability you have applied.
Here you'll find your unique URL (in blue) when selecting the Setup Now button which you can share directly with your clients or add it to your website. The URL will open your online booking widget onto a new web browser tab to ensure all clients have a smooth online booking experience regardless of which website, browser or device they are using.
- Login to your business page on Facebook
- Click on the 'Add a Button' button (big blue button near the cover photo)
- Select the Book Now option and then click on Next
- Finally, copy and paste your unique Fresha URL
- And click Save to complete the process
- Log in to your Instagram business profile from your mobile and click edit profile
- Under the Contact Options section choose Add an action button
- Select Fresha and paste your direct booking link for Instagram (you can find it here)
NOTE: You will need to publish your Fresha profile before adding your links to Facebook and Instagram. See Enable Fresha online bookings
2. Settings for online bookings
- From the main menu, select Online Booking > Settings
- Apply your Cancellation Notice period by specifying how much notice you'd like clients to give you when managing their bookings eg "Clients can cancel or reschedule online up to 48 hours in advance". This will display as a notification before the appointment is booked.
- Specify your notice period to accept online bookings eg "clients can book up to 2 hours in advance"
- TIP: Most business opt for "None" to allow last-minute bookings where there is availability
NOTE: Updating this setting will only take effect after clicking Save.
- Specify how far in advance clients can book online, eg 6 months (90% of online bookings are booked within a week unless it's a festive period)
- Apply your Online Time Slot Intervals should you wish to only take bookings on the hour or half hour etc.
- Add your Important Information. This is custom text so you can add any important T's and C's or notifications.
- Tick to specify if you'd like clients to be able to select their preferred staff member
- And Save Changes
For more details on clients being able to select their preferred staff members, follow this link: Requested Staff
3. Decide which services and locations are available online
You may not want your entire Service Menu to be visible online. In fact, the shorter the online menu, the easier and more enjoyable it is for your client to book with you, encouraging them to book more often:
- Go to Services > Select your Service
- Click on the Online Booking tab
- Tick Enable Online Bookings to enable
- Save your changes
Locations are disable by default but you may have a new location that is still being set up and not ready to take online bookings just yet. In this scenario:
- Go to Online Bookings > Profile
- Find your location to establish whether it is Offline or Online
- If it's Online, you can click More Options > Unlist Profile to disable online bookings for that location
4. Trouble Shoot
When attempting to book online, if you receive the notification stating "Your Salon has not enabled online bookings for this location." it is most likely that you have not added Staff Working Hours.
In this case, we'd recommend you head back to step 1 in this article and follow the steps for how to Enable your online bookings
Likewise, if your online bookings are showing no availability when in fact there is some, this will be due to your settings under Online Bookings > Settings where you can specify how far in advance clients can book online. Most businesses apply 'none' to encourage as many last minute appointments as possible, where as if you apply 24 hours this'll mean clients are unable to book with you if there is less than 24 hours notice ie no same day appointments.
For other staff related articles, see:
- Add Staff Members
- Rearrange Your Staff
- Add Staff Working Hours
- Apply Staff Commissions
- Create User Logins & Permissions
- Login For Non Service Providers (Admin & Reception)