Online bookings could save you an entire day's worth of work.
How to enable online bookings
Online bookings are key to boosting sales and connecting with your clients. Over 60% of appointments made online are created outside of regular working hours, so you'll be amazed to see how many new appointments you'll be waking up by staying open 24/7.
You'll still have full control; all you need to do is allocate the hours you are willing to work and the calendar will fill itself.
1. Enable Fresha online bookings
In order to start taking online bookings, you'll first need to enable them:
- Go to Online Bookings > Start Now> Publish Profile.
- Add key information such as your business description, general opening hours and google maps location.
- Add some high-quality photos to show off your business
- Then select Publish Profile Now to list your online bookings.
TIP: Upload photos showing off your place of business and services. Logos and stock images are not suitable. For more info, see our Photography Guidelines
Next, head to:
- Services where you can select a service and update the service description or disable for online bookings
- Staff to ensure staff working hours are consistent with your availability. Clients can only book online based on the hours you have applied here.
This is your unique URL (in blue) which you can share directly with your clients or add it to your website. The URL should be added as a "Book Now" "call to action" button on your website, not embedded directly into the page. This will ensure all clients have a smooth online booking experience across any website, browser or device they're using. Ask your website developer for assistance if you're unsure.
- Login to your business page on Facebook
- Click on the 'Add a Button' button (big blue button near the cover photo)
- Select the Book Now option and then click on Next
- Finally, copy and paste your unique Fresha URL
- And click Save to complete the process
- Log in to your Instagram business profile from your mobile and click edit profile
- Under the Contact Options section choose Add an action button
- Select Fresha and paste your direct booking link for Instagram (you can find it here)
2. Settings for online bookings
- From the main menu, select Online Booking > Settings
- Apply your Cancellation Notice period by specifying how much notice you'd like clients to give you when managing their bookings eg "Clients can cancel or reschedule online up to 48 hours in advance". This will display as a notification before the appointment is booked.
- Specify your notice period to accept online bookings eg "clients can book up to 2 hours in advance"
TIP: Most businesses opt for "None" to allow last-minute bookings where there is availability
NOTE: Updating this setting will only take effect after clicking Save.
- Specify how far in advance clients can book online, e.g. 6 months (90% of online bookings are booked within a week unless it's a festive period)
- Apply your Online Time Slot Intervals should you wish to only take bookings on the hour or half hour etc.
- Add your Important Info. This is custom text so you can add any important terms & conditions.
- Tick to specify if you'd like clients to be able to select their preferred staff member
- And Save Changes
When attempting to book online, if you receive the notification stating "Your Salon has not enabled online bookings for this location." it is most likely that you have not added Staff Working Hours.
In this case, we'd recommend you head back to step 1 in this article and follow the steps for how to Enable your online bookings
Likewise, if your online bookings are showing no availability when in fact there is, this will be due to your settings under Online Bookings > Settings where you can specify how far in advance clients can book online. Most businesses apply 'none' to encourage last-minute appointments, whereas if you apply 24 hours this will mean clients are unable to book with you within 24 hours notice, i.e no same day appointments. If you're not convinced, see just why Online Bookings are a no brainer, according to real businesses.
For other related articles, see: