Your business may provide services that require a specific machine or room, and you'll want to make sure that that resource never gets double booked. To prevent double-booking, you can create and assign your resources to relevant services:
How to add resources and rooms
You'll want to track the availability of these resources just as you track the availability of staff members.
This section will cover:
- How to create a resource
- How to allocate resources to services
- How to view all resources in calendar view
1. How to create a resource
First, you'll need to set up the different rooms and resources you have in your business.
- From the left-hand Navigation Menu, click Setup > Resources
- Click New Resource in the top right corner
- Add your Resource name (e.g Massage Room 1), along with an optional description
- Should you have more than one location, you'll have an option to allocate which location this resource belongs to
- Click Save.
2. How to allocate resources to services
Once your resources are all set up, you'll need to allocate them to services.
This means that when that service is next booked, the resource will automatically be assigned to the appointment.
- From the left-hand Navigation menu, click Services
- Select a service to edit, and click the Resources tab
- Enable Resource Required and select the resources that are required to provide this service (e.g. a Massage that requires a Massage Room)
- Click Save to assign the resource.
3. How to view all resources in calendar view
Each resource will have its own calendar, which allows you to view all the bookings for a specific resource at once.
To view the calendar for a resource, click the staff selector in the top-left-hand corner
Your resources will be listed underneath your staff in the drop down, with the resource name as the heading. If you have multiple items in a resource, these will be listed individually too:
- You can click on an individual item to view the calendar for a Day or Week for that specific resource.
- You can also view a calendar for All Resources. This will show each resource in its own column, in Day view (see video above).
For more resource related articles, see:
- Add Services
- Allocate Services To Staff
- Set Processing Time Between Appointments
- Choose Which Services Are Bookable Online