Tracking the success of your online marketing activity is invaluable. We've built helpful features necessary to track online ad conversions, using goals and events in Google Analytics. This article will help you with:
- How to set up Google Analytics
- How to create Goals to track conversions
- Cross-domain Conversion Tracking (technical)
1. How to set up Google Analytics
Here's a rundown of how to set up Google Analytics for your Fresha online booking link:
- Sign into Google Analytics with your Google account
- Click the Admin button on the bottom left sidebar of your dashboard
- Select an account or create an account
- Click on the drop-down menu to create a property
- Call your Property 'Fresha.com' or your business name, and add your default URL (use your direct booking link under Online Bookings > Channels)
- Choose your industry
- Choose your time zone
- Click on Get Tracking ID
Ensure Enable Tracking is ticked and click Save. Each Shedul account can be integrated with only one Google Analytics ID.
Google will now track your Fresha online booking traffic in real time, and send events anytime someone books an appointment. The events sent to Google Analytics when an online appointment is booked are:
- Pageview - these are sent for all steps along the booking process
- Appointment - when the appointment booking has been confirmed / completed
NOTE: When creating a new Google Analytics account, GA will need your scheduling page URL. Simply head to Admin > Property Settings > Default URL and use https://www.fresha.com
2. How to Create Goals to Track Conversions
Create goals in Google Analytics based on events to track conversions. The details related to goals look like the following:
- Category: Fresha
- Action: Appointment
- Label: Name of the location the appointment has been book in
- Value: The total value of the appointment booked
3. Cross-domain Conversion Tracking (technical)
You can also use Google Analytics to track conversations from Adwords by connecting the two. If your AdWords campaign is linked to your own website (which uses your Fresha Book Now link) you can track conversions from your Fresha online booking, as long as your cross-domain tracking is configured correctly.
This is how your standard Google Analytics script should look like at this point:
Then, make sure you have added the additional two lines for the entire script to look like this:
IMPORTANT: If the Tracking ID's do not match, the conversions will not track. Make sure the Tracking ID (e.g. UA-XXXXXX-X) from your Google Analytics script, and implemented in your website, is the same one added to your Shedul account under Analytics.
4. Trouble Shooting
Are you receiving events after booking an appointment?
Events will only be sent to Google Analytics for new appointments scheduled from your Fresha online booking link after the integration was set up.
Head to Behaviour >Events > Overview to see all events from Fresha:
If you are seeing events being sent to Google Analytics, that means the integration is successful. Double check the date range selected inside of Google Analytics. By default it will exclude today.
Are there no goal conversions?
If you see events from Fresha but they aren't showing up as goals, this will most likely be due to a goal having a typo, so it's worth doubling checking there are no mistakes.
NOTE: Goal conditions are case sensitive and must match the Category, Action, and the optional Label (if it is entered) exactly.
You can click verify this goal to test the goal settings. If the goal conditions exactly match what's in Fresha, you should follow along with the next section to be sure you can see events from Fresha in Google Analytics.
Are referrals for goals showing your own domain?
You'll need to add your domain to the referral exclusion list in Google Analytics so that it doesn't show your domain referring traffic to your Fresha online booking. Once you ignore referrals from your own domain, the original traffic source will be preserved.
For other related articles, see: