Fresha Plus is currently available by invitation only for businesses in the United Kingdom
We're very excited to release our Payment Processing solution, Fresha Pay, and our Marketing features as part of the Fresha Plus package.
Fresha Plus is the streamline solution that allows your business to have built-in No-Show Protection and Late Cancellation Protection, removing hurdles from clients booking online and giving clients the option to "pay through app" for a smooth contactless, cashless and cardless experience.
This is an innovative solution and we appreciate there'll be lots of questions so we've written this article to address our most frequently asked questions:
- What is Fresha Plus?
- What is Fresha Pay?
- Which countries have payment processing enabled?
- What are the benefits of Fresha Pay?
- How can I set up payment processing and no-show protection?
- When is the authorization code activated?
- What's the difference between Individual and Business during payment setup?
- Can I add a credit card surcharge for card payments/merchant fees?
- Why do I need to add my card details?
- Can I charge deposits up front for online bookings?
- When will I receive my payouts?
- What rates will I be paying?
- Can I use my own payment gateway?
- My Banks statement does not match my report
- How do I change my bank account number?
- I used Fresha Pay but I can't see the payment in my bank account?
- What will my clients see when using Fresha Pay
- How to understand the Payments Report
- What is the difference between Fresha Pay and Fresha Plus?
- What is "Pay Through App"?
- Am I eligible for Fresha Plus?
1. What is Fresha Plus
Fresha Plus is the latest product brought to you by the Shedul team. It's designed to improve engagement with your clients and protect yourself against cancellations and no-shows in order to supercharge your revenues. Fresha Plus unlocks every single feature available for a single flat fee on all bookings made online, including:
- Smart Marketing - built-in Smart Campaigns for Birthdays, New clients and more
- Fresha Pay - use the 'pay through app' to charge clients' cards at no additional cost
- Built-in No Show Protection - almost entirely eradicate no shows for peace of mind
- Built-in Late Cancellation Protection - option to charge for all bookings made online
- Account Manager - dedicated to support and grow your business
- Phone Support - for quick answers and consultancy
To learn more about the Fresha Marketplace, click here.
2. What is Fresha Pay
Fresha Pay is our best-in-class payment processor that allows clients to pay for their services through the Fresha app speeding up your checkout process. You no longer need to use a third-party system to manage payments.
Additionally, Fresha Pay offers built-in no-show protection and late cancellation protection so your time and business is always protected.
NOTE: Using Fresha Pay is optional. It's your choice whether to make card capture "Required" or "Optional" for end-users. This can be managed under the Online Bookings > Settings tab within your Shedul account.
3. Which countries have payment processing enabled?
Payment processing is enabled in the UK and UAE for eligible providers.
If you are already using Fresha for online bookings and are regularly checking out, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request Fresha Plus to be enabled on your account.
4. What are the benefits of Fresha Pay?
If you're currently using a third-party payment provider and looking to switch to Fresha Pay, you're in for a treat! You can look forward to;
- Pay through App functionality
- Built-in No-Show Protection
- Built-in Late Cancellation Protection
- Extremely competitive rates
5. How can I set up payment processing and no-show protection?
Simply by having Fresha Plus activated, businesses have experienced an automatic drop in no-shows and last minute cancellations, having a huge impact on your business's bottom line.
Head to Online Bookings > Payments to securely add your banking information. Alternatively, visit our dedicated article on How to set up payments.
Can't see these options? Please email us at email@example.com to enable payment processing.
6. When is the authorization code activated?
The authorization code only activates when the appointment was booked internally by a staff member or it was booked online and later edited, given the client has their card details stored.
Eg if can the appointment price was increased from £10 to £100, the activation code would apply for the client to approve this change.
If the appointment was booked online by the client and the appointment has not been edited in anyway, you will be able to charge the client the full amount, the no show fee or late cancellation fee without the authorisation code.
This is because the client agreed to your online booking policy whilst booking online, meaning you can charge without any blocks.
7. What's the difference between Individual and Business during payment set up?
8. Can I add a credit card surcharge for card payments/merchant fees?
It is not currently possible to add an automatic surcharge to your online payments or invoices. You can manually calculate and add a surcharge by creating a "Surcharge" product and adding this to the invoice during the checkout process.
However, we'd simply recommend building in these 'surcharge' costs into your Service and Product pricing if you wish to transfer these costs to your clients.
9. Why do I need to add my card details?
On a very rare occasion, there may be a situation where we have released funds to your bank account; however, a week later all of those sales were refunded. If this happens, we will need to charge your card to balance the fees. However, when clients pay online for their services using Fresha Pay you will build up credit and we will deduct any transaction fees before releasing the payment to your bank account, so the chances of being in arrears are very low.
Rest assured that Fresha takes its platform security seriously. Your details are securely stored and are never shared or accessed by anyone or any third parties. Our team has applied all security measures possible to help protect your transactions.
NOTE: We highly recommend that you never share your email and password with staff members. Instead, make sure to provide staff with adequate access to your account to continue checking out without access to sensitive parts of your account. Here's how to create user logins and permissions.
10. Can I charge deposits upfront for online bookings?
We've developed a better solution than the client having to pay deposits. When clients create their account through Fresha, they'll be asked to add their card details which will be validated by the system.
Since Fresha Pay includes built-in no-show protection and late cancellation protection, you are able to charge your clients for no-showing since you have their card details on record.
11. When will I receive my payouts?
Payments will be deposited a week in arrears to your designated account every Monday.
Should you require more regular payouts, please raise it as a new feature request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. What rates will I be paying?
We've negotiated exceptional rates to ensure the best for our users which means we're able to provide premium online payment features for the same rates as basic card terminal machines. Rates are inclusive of all banking fees and transfer fees but are exclusive of VAT. This means that Shedul's small payment processing fees + VAT are on the fee value (not the total invoice value). For more information, see Fresha Plus Fees.
These do vary between markets but please do contact us at email@example.com to learn more about the rates in your area.
13. Can I use my own payment gateway?
Since we are able to offer an all-in-one solution, we do not integrate with third-party payment providers.
All payments are processed using Fresha Pay to help you manage everything under one roof. You no longer need to switch back and forth between two different systems while the client waits. It's all designed to provide merchants and clients with the best possible user experience.
14. My bank statement does not match my report?
Not to worry, every report tracks different metrics so it's just a matter of understanding which report you are specifically referring to.
Head to Online Bookings > Payments tab to tally all payments received. An invoice is generated at the end of the month where you can find your Online Sales Activity and Account Statement for each transaction made online.
For a more general overview of Reports, learn more here.
15. How do I change my bank account number?
Please follow the below steps to change your bank account number:
- Head to the Online Bookings > Accounts tab.
- Click on "Integrated Card Processing" to "edit bank account"
- You'll be required to add your password as verification you have access to do so
- Apply your changes and Save
16. I used Fresha Pay but I can't see the payment in my bank account?
We make payment releases once every week on Mondays.
17. What will my clients see when using Fresha Pay?
When clients create their account through Fresha, they'll be prompted to add their card details (if required).
Before they confirm their appointment, they'll be asked to review their card details in case they need to make changes.
View the different booking processes clients have where card details are required vs not required by clicking here.
18. How to understand the Payments Report?
Account Statement shows you the payment cycle of weekly Fresha payouts in your account.
19. What is the difference between Fresha Pay and Fresha Plus?
Fresha Pay is the Payment Processing solution, whilst Fresha Plus opens up features such as marketing tools and cancellation and no-show protection. See more on this here: Fresha Plus
20. What is "Pay through App"?
"Pay through app" is the process of using Fresha Pay at checkout. Rather than having your client look for their cash or card, the business can simply select "charge card" within Shedul for the transaction to go through. For more information on how to process a payment through the app, click here.
21. Am I eligible for Fresha Plus?
Fresha Plus is currently available by invitation only for all UK based businesses which are:
- Actively using Shedul
- Actively using Online Bookings
- Actively checking out appointments
Should you meet these requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the upgrade to Fresha Plus
For other payment-related articles, see:
- How to set up Payments
- Payouts & Reporting
- Managing No-Shows and cancellations
- Fresha - Frequently asked questions