Grant login access to your team members with peace of mind knowing that sensitive client contact information is protected. This article lists the steps for how to set up your staff access levels, with the option to hide client contact details:
- Where to find Staff Permission Levels
- Apply permission levels to your staff
- What can my staff member's see
1. Where to find Staff Permission Levels
1. From the menu, go to Staff > Permission Levels
2. Here you can review and adjust permission levels according to your needs, including the setting for Can see client contact info
3. Save your changes after making your adjustments
TIP: Our general recommendation for access levels is to enable Can see client contact info for high permission users only.
NOTE: Client contact details are always visible within the Analytics section, even for users with Can see client contact info disabled.
2. Apply permission levels to your staff members
1. From the main menu, head to Staff > Staff Members
2. Select a staff member from your list. On the edit screen, click User Permission below their email address:
3. Choose the level of access you would like to grant
4. Click Save to apply
Once a staff member is given any level of access, they will receive an email to create their own login password.
TIP: The email for staff members to set up their password may take a minute to arrive, and it may land in their junk mail folder.
NOTE: An email address can only be used once in Shedul, so if their email is added to another Shedul account already then you won't be able to give them access under that same address. Staff will either need to use a different email address or they can email us directly at email@example.com so we can help free up their email address.
3. What can my staff members see?
By removing a staff member's access to see client contact info, they will see a simplified view of client details throughout Shedul.
For example, from the calendar they will only be able to see the client's first name, and the first letter of their last name.
Likewise, they will only see a portion of a client's mobile number and a portion of the email address, in order to help understand who's who.
TIP: For users with Can see client contact info unticked, they will see the first 4 letters of the client's email and the last 4 digits of their mobile. The first name remains visible and includes the first letter of their last name. This reduced visibility is applied at the appointment level when using the search function and on the calendar.
NOTE: Staff without access to see client contact info cannot edit client profiles. However the staff are not restricted from creating new clients, and are not restricted to search for clients by mobile and email.
We do not recommend giving a staff member or administrator access to the Setup area unless absolutely necessary, as this can include sensitive information relating to your business and Shedul account.
We also strongly recommend that you do not ever share your account login details (email address, password) with other staff members. No employee at Shedul will ever ask you for your login information or password.
For other staff related articles, see: